Explain why process flowcharts to map the As-Is process is important to problem solving.
Process Improvement Opportunities NO PLAGIARISM!
Create an As-Is Process Flowchart for a process that requires improvement of your selected organization. The organization is GMC.
Explain the benefits of accurately documenting the As-Is process.
Research your organization that needs improvement and your benchmark organization.
Write a 700-word paper in which you identify and explain the process improvement opportunities and change management process and map the current AS-IS process.
Address each of the following in your paper:
· Explain why process flowcharts to map the As-Is process is important to problem solving.
· Use the matrix example given below to identify and benchmark process improvement categories:
o Identify and explain the following terms:
§ Reduced lead-time/cycle-time
§ Improved quality
§ Elimination of waste
§ Reduced total cost process improvements.
o Use the process above to benchmark these four categories against Toyota Production Systems (TPS) lean enterprise best practices.
· Describe challenges the selected organization may face in implementing the areas for improvement.
· Explain the importance of the current As-Is Process.
· Identify potential consequences of incorrectly completing the As-Is flowchart
· Map at least two of the Matrix As-Is process improvement categories for your selected organization.
· Use flowcharting process map boxes (spaghetti and/or swim lane) and at least two decision trees/blocks in the charting.
· Include your As-Is Flowchart as an exhibit or figure in your paper.
|Process Improvement Categories|
Definitions (Identify and Explain)
Toyota (Best Practice) Description
|Reduced Lead-Time / Cycle-Time|
|Elimination of Waste|
|Reduced Total Cost|
The flow chart can be made in PowerPoint
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Use a minimum of 2 different references that are not from the same online text, library book or article.