Classroom management will play a big role in your success as a teacher. Classroom management is more than just rules and procedures. It also involves classroom arrangement, student relationships, and student engagement. Think back to the teachers you had in elementary school, middle school, and high school. Think about their classroom management practices.
In addition, watch all 4 video sections of “Rules, Reinforcement & Discipline” from Educational Impact, located in the Wk 1 Learning Activities.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Which teacher(s) from your elementary school experiences had a solid grasp of their classroom management? Which teacher(s) had the least control of their classroom? How did you determine that?
- What attitudes, behaviors, and skills did each teacher demonstrate that made their classroom management effective or ineffective?
- What type of authority do you believe will be most effective for you in order to create a positive and productive learning environment?
- What is something you learned from watching “Rules, Reinforcement & Discipline” that can affect classroom discipline? How might you apply this information to your future classroom environments?
Review the College’s Conceptual Framework.
- How does this topic link to the College’s Conceptual Framework and the framework’s philosophical relationship to effective teacher preparation?