Medical surgical disorders case study nursing
Objectives of this assignment are to:
- Apply the theoretical knowledge about medical surgical disorders and the drug treatment to actual clinical practice.
- Compare and contrast expected presentations of the disorder and use of pharma-cotherapeutics with the disease and the drug treatment used in an actual client case.
- Critically analyze the pathophysiologic and pharmacotherapeutic components of an actual clinical case presentation.
- Synthesize knowledge gained about disease and the drug treatment by creating an appropriate case study of a selected disease process and drug treatment.
- Improve critical thinking and communication skills through writing and developing a case study.
Guidelines for writing a case study: This must be done individually
- Choose 1 area studied in this course from weeks 1 and two, write a case study based on an actual client you cared for during the adult health clinical rotation, or base it on a disease topic discussed in class.
- You must protect client confidentiality in the case study. Names or initials will not be used, nor will other identifying information such as the health care facility or city, among others. Client’s age, gender, and race may be included.
- The case study must be submitted through the course shell in the Drop Box labeled, “Missed Clinical Assignments”on or before the due date. NO EXCEPTIONS. The course coordinator will determine the due date for the case study.
- Students are required to support research material with appropriate citations using current APA format. Resources must include at least 3 nursing journals.
- Include a title page, table of contents, an abstract, and a reference page.
- The case study will include the following components:
- Demographic data (protecting confidentiality)
- Pertinent past medical history and current diagnosis
- Clinical presentation: Signs/symptoms, physical findings upon assessment
- Description of medical diagnosis (including pathophysiology & nursing needs)
- Lab and diagnostic test results with rationale
- Pharmacotherapeutic treatment with rationale
- A table listing expectedand actualpresentation findings, lab/diagnostic studies, drug treatment based on pertinent past medical history and current diagnosis.
- 3 care plans which include:
- Prioritized nursing diagnoses (one diagnosis on each care plan; one must be psychosocial)
- Goal statements (short term and long term)
- Minimum of 6 nursing interventions with rationale statements
- Evaluation statement of short term goal
- A minimum of 5-typed pages is required. This does not include the title page, table of contents, abstract, or reference page.
- If this assignment is not turned in by the due date or is incomplete, a clinical Unsatisfactory /“U” will be given and this may result in a clinical failure.
- A Satisfactory / “S” grade must be obtained to meet clinical competency for the day.
Grading Rubric for Clinical Make-Up Assignment
|Content: Clear presentation of Case Study|
|Pertinent past medical history and current diagnosis|
|Clinical presentation: signs and symptoms, physical findings|
|Description of medical diagnosis (including pathophysiology and nursing needs)|
|Lab and diagnostic test results with rationales|
|Pharmacotherapy treatment with rationale|
|Table comparing expected and actual presentation findings|
|3 Care plans which include: nursing diagnoses (one psychosocial), goal (short term and long term), minimum of 6 nursing interventions with rationale statements, evaluation statement of short term goal|
|· Minimum of 5 pages typed.· The paper, including tables and graphs, headings, title page, abstract, appendices, and reference page are consistent with current APA formatting guidelines.|
· The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
· Intellectual property is recognized with in-text citations and a reference page.
· The paper presents with effective use of level headings, font styles, and space.
· Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed; spelling is correct.
· Conclusion is logical, flows, and reviews the major points.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Medical surgical disorders case study nursing appeared first on Top Premier Essays.