Study Questions Part 1
Please use this template to answer all questions. Answers must be 7-9 sentences. No plagiarism and please cite all sources. This is not an essay, please answer all questions separately and fully.
- Can any firm beat Amazon in the marketplace? If not, why not? If so, how can they best do so? How formidable a competitor is Google for Amazon? Please explain. Consider:
- What are Amazon’s major strengths? Does it have any weaknesses? Please explain.
- Is Jet.com a potential concern for Amazon? Why or why not? Given the importance of understanding the external environment, why do some firms fail to do so? Provide examples of firms that did not understand their external environment. What were the implications of the firm’s failure to understand that environment?
- Many companies use their brand as a competitive advantage. Given your knowledge about the global economy:
- Identify three brands you believe have the strongest likelihood of remaining a source of advantage in the 21st century and explain why.
- Next, explain the affects you believe the Internet’s capabilities will have on the brands you identified in the previous question and what the owner of the brand should do in light of them.
- This week we will discuss Aldi Grocery Stores. Assess your satisfaction with Aldi and make recommendations about how the company could modify its business-level strategy to both increase your overall level of satisfaction and to attract new customers. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the five business-level strategies to determine which strategy most likely applies to Aldi. Determine how a shopper’s experience might change if it switched to one of the other four strategies (your choice). Explain your rationale.
- Find trends in financing ventures during the recent economic downturn. infer what the trends you researched indicate for the future of entrepreneurs securing financing for their ventures and then infer how entrepreneurs should act. Provide support for your response.
- Identify the best ratio or ratios for evaluating the risk an entrepreneur is engaged in and indicate how each will direct decisions made in the business. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Assess two or three clues that may indicate an entrepreneur is insolvent or approaching insolvency. Then, indicate how the entrepreneur may recover.